From A Wiki on National Parliament Buildings Worldwide
|Form of government||Unitary Parliamentary Monarchy|
|Size in km²||430|
|Year of construction||1874|
The Parliament Buildings (also known as The Public Buildings, or more rarely Parliament House), is the seat of the Parliament of Barbados. Built between 1870 and 1874, the buildings have been the meeting place for both chambers of Parliament since 16 June 1874, and a former site of Colonial administration of Barbados. It consists of two buildings in the neo-Gothic architectural style, and are reminiscent of the Victorian era of Great Britain.
(Allow Pop-Up Windows)
Barbados has a parliamentary tradition dating back to 1639, surpassed in the Commonwealth only by England and Bermuda. The neo-Gothic Parliament Buildings in which the bicameral parliament styled after the British Westminster system convenes was built between 1870 and 1874. The 136-year-old clock in the clocktower stopped for a few years after Hurricane Tomas in 2010.
Facts & Figures
|Members of parliament||30||GPD per capita in PPP in US$||16.058|
|Number of women||5||HDI||0,785|
|Pop. per MP||9.474||Democracy index||/|
|CO2 total||1.360||CO2 per capita||4,75|