From A Wiki on National Parliament Buildings Worldwide
|City||Andorra la Vella|
|Form of government||Unitary Parliamentary Monarchy|
|Size in km²||470|
|Year of construction||1580 / 2012|
|Architect||José Gonzalez Gallegos (ES), Stefaan Loncke (ES), Joan Kopf (ES)|
Casa de la Vall is a historical house in Andorra la Vella, Andorra. It is the headquarters of the General Council of Andorra. It lies just to the southwest of the Andorra National Library. It is a heritage property registered in the Cultural Heritage of Andorra.
(Allow Pop-Up Windows)
"Casa de la Vall" is the seat of the General Council of the Valleys. A stone patrician house built in 1580, it has been used as a parliament building since 1702 and still features old fixtures such as a kitchen from times when General Councillors were not allowed to leave the building until they had reached an agreement. A modern new building was built in 2011 next to the old one, that remains an important symbol still in use today.
Facts & Figures
|Members of parliament||28||GPD per capita in PPP in US$||37.200|
|Number of women||11||HDI||0,845|
|Pop. per MP||2.517||Democracy index||/|
|CO2 total||491||CO2 per capita||6,00|